“The Blessing of Humility”
Humility is an awesome attribute to have.
Humility will help to bring a great reward in your life.
Reward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort or achievement; compensation
The writer speaks about this in Proverbs 22:4, “By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches, and honour, and life.” This is a threefold blessing.
Humility does not mean that you think less of yourself, but it means that you do not think more highly of yourself than you should.
Romans 12:3 says, “For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.” The secret to this is humility.
Here are some characteristics of people who operate in humility:
- They trust in the sovereignty of God. They do not feel the need to question God.
- They are thankful people.
- They can rejoice with others.
- They have a teachable spirit.
- They build others up instead of tearing them down.
- They have a servant’s heart.
The Lord will bless the life of the one who is walking in humility.
If you want to experience a blessed life, make sure that you possess the spirit of humility.